Development of the website for a non-profit organization called Chennai Runners during my internship at Townscript
Lead Web Developer
Chennai Runners is a not-for-profit club started in 2006 by a handful of enthusiastic runners. The club organizes several running events through the year, and has been instrumental in popularizing running as a route to wellness. During my internship at Townscript, I was assigned as the Lead Web Developer for the development of the website. I used the cPanel hosting service to host the website.
The website is live. My tasks included:
1. Collaborating with clients to define website workflow and identify user needs
3. Create and maintain the database for storing the user information like name, email, CRN number etc.
4. Deploy and host the files on the server
5. Adding Recent Tweets and Recent Facebook feed plugins on the website
6. Assisted in developing an iframe for embedding the Event Booking feature
7. Created forms and set up email notifications using PHP 8. Setting up a login in/sign up session to keep track of users logging in, logging out and signing up